FTFs are short news items:
The major event of the summer is the Westcan Event in Gold Country. This is in our back yard and we can support it by participating and/or helping out. They are looking for volunteers to place geocaches and to help out at the various events. For more information, go to: http://www.goldtrail.com/events.cfm
Valemount is hosting a weekend event on the weekend of Aug. 9-11. Event listing – http://coord.info/GC4C66F
We are hostng a local event on July 9th called Puzzled and Confused. The puzzle theme is the focus, a place to share clues and solve some new puzzles too. At the Noble Pig at 6:00. Link to the vent listing - http://coord.info/GC4CNWJ
We are now ready to start a ground-breaking program with Parks Canada with a series of geocaches in Mount Revelstoke National Park. A story to follow soon.
From time to time, we will add some short news items to the site, called FTFs:
- For membership issues, contact Jazzpurr (Membership) or Tech Nic (Treasurer). The site email is Geos@thompsonriversgeocaching.com
- For more information on upcoming events, click an event on the right side for more information. A link to the event posting is provided too.
- As of Feb. 26, we have 14 club members. The website also has 12 users (not the same as club members)
- Membership fees can be paid at any of the upcoming events
- Minutes of the Directors meetings are now published on this website (on the About page)
- Spring Stomp – please note that all geocache listings have to be submitted to the reviewer by March 23
- Smile, you are a geocacher…
One of the goals of the Club is to host, assist, and promote local events for geocachers. We have a good start now with 5 events already from February through March. We would like to add a Puzzle Day, a CITO, a summer hike and cache event, some meet-ups, and more. Get involved – come out to events, join the club, come up with your own idea. Cache on!
Welcome to the Thompson Rivers Geocaching Club’s website. We are still in the middle of putting together the club, but we also are offering an “open house preview.”
This website has some of the basic information and services we hope to provide. Have a look through the site and let us know what you think. You can become a subscriber to the site by registering a username and password. You will need to login to comment or participate in the Forums. You can also become a member of the club by filling in the on-line form (we can collect the dues at a later time).
We will be present at Spring Stomp and we hope to see you there!